Guerlain is famous for their Terracotta bronzers and this season the brand has released a new Terracotta face powder. Sephora has also released a similar bronzer with of course a huge price difference, so I’ve decided to test them both out and see what the differences are.
Swatches from top to bottom:
– Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint in #03 Brunettes Naturel
– Sephora Shimmering Bronzing Powder in #2 Medium
The Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint is suppose to be a face powder however, in the ads it’s being promoted as a bronzer. In the swatches you can clearly see that the Guerlain Terracota doesn’t really show on my skin even though it’s the darkest shade and recommended for brunettes. For a bronzer it’s obviously too light for my skin tone so it would make more sense to use it as a face powder.
The Sephora bronzer on the other hand is very pigmented!
Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint // #03 Brunettes Naturel
Comes in 4 shades: #00 Blondes Clair / #01 Blondes Naturel / #02 Brunettes Clair / #03 Brunettes Naturel
– The texture feels amazingly soft & silky
– Feels light weighted on the skin
– Looks beautiful on fair skin tone
– Smells amazing
– Blends easily
– The packaging is very light weighted (good for on the go)
– The shades are too light for a medium to dark skin complexion
– The coverage is very sheer
– It has a matte finish (which is a good thing) but it doesn’t really achieve that glowy skin like the brand claims
*Price: 200 AED (approximately) / $53
Sephora Shimmering Bronzing Powder // #2 Medium
– Works great for medium/dark skin tones.
– Has a matte finish
– Very pigmented and long lasting
– Easily build able
– Doesn’t smudge through out a hot Summer day (even on oily skin)
– It can be a bit too orangy for fair skin tone.
– Doesn’t offer a shimmery finish like it says on the packaging but matte instead. I prefer bronzers to be matte anyway so it doesn’t bother me, just don’t expect this bronzer to be shimmery.
*Price: 85 AED / $17
The quality of a high end beauty product is most of time off a better quality but if you’re on a tight budget than why not go for a product that’s very similar! I’m a huge fan of Guerlain make-up & skincare, however this powder is not doing much for me. I prefer the Sephora bronzer over the Terracotta. I would usually pick Guerlain over Sephora but this time, Sephora is the winner!