Last week I attended the MAC trends event where the new make-up trends for Spring/Summer 2015 were being showcased by the regional MAC make-up directors: Vimi Joshi & Miriam Khairallah. Based on the looks that I’ve seen on the event, I think that this year’s make-up trends will definitely be my favourite of all time! I caught myself saying this after every MAC trends event but this season is different. It’s all about having the perfect skin in the most natural way and also, we finally get to kiss goodbye the overly used contouring!
– Long, clumpy and separated lashes are back
– Using lash No. 7 cut each piece and use it as individual lashes to create a spider effect
– Painting lashes to create clumpy/ spidery lashes
– Classical liner with lashes
– Twiggy inspired tight liner close to the lash line to create the illusion of bigger eyes
– Floaty liner, halfway through liner
– Deconstructed liner using mini fan brush with blacktrack
– Kitten liner/straight liner
– Creating tiel shade using mineral shadows with mixing medium
– Luminous, bright and highlighted skin.
– Religious, angelic and spiritual vibe
– Inspired by a young salsa girl dancing and is quite sweaty, nice glow, tropical look with
a bright colourful lip.
– Minimal foundation, all about concealing
– Highlighting gives you lift without contouring
– Gloss is used on every look
– 3D holographic glossy eyeshadow, thick texture, great for daily basis,
– White eyelashes are the new thing.
– Glossy skin with bright matte lips.
– Build up the glow using mineralise highlighter to create illuminated look.
– Summer festival inspired looks
– Neon colours combined with pastels
– Undone makeup
– Creating cool neon colours on lash line example; by mixing fuchsia with white it
– Gold eyeshadow (worn by: Nicole Richie, Kate Moss)
– Brown mascara to keep the focus on the neon and pastel colours
– Flush of blush to add freshness to the cheeks
– All about looking like yourself just fresher
– Using skincare products more than makeup, only use concealer (only concealer and
a brush were used on London fashion week)
– Summertime healthy, glowy and radiant skin, no makeup needed
– Using correctors only to neutralize correctly using peach, yellow, green
– SS15 is al about creating and embracing freckles.
– Humidity fresh skin without looking sweaty but porcelain instead.
– Groomed brows
– Use care blend oil to highlight and to create humid skin.
– Nothingness doesn’t mean lazyness just special attention to skin
These are my favourite looks from the latest trends, which ones are yours?